The Firstbeat Bodyguard 3 (BG3) is a professional-grade sensor for short and long-term HRV measurements.
Collect data over a full 24-hour period to provide insights into stress and recovery beyond training. The high-performance device records R-R interval and movement data through unobtrusive electrodes and can be used to quantify the sleep quality and daily stress levels of your athletes.
The device is lightweight and easy to use: Attach the device directly to the skin with two chest electrodes and the BG3 starts recording data automatically.
When purchasing the BG3 one (1) pouch of electrodes (30 pieces) are included. The data is uploaded to the computer with Firstbeat Bodyguard3 Exporter software (iOS, Windows), which is available free of charge. The Exporter software provides access to raw data files for ECG, RR-I and ACC in CSV format.
Key benefits when purchased together with Sports Premium software subscription:
- Get the big picture of your athletes’ stress and recovery beyond practice or games
- Use to follow-up on red-flag situations (e.g. an athlete complaining of poor sleep)
- Support athlete mental health and well-being through actionable data
- Easy to use: Athletes attach the device and continue with their everyday routine
- IP class during measurement: IP54
- Weight: 26g, Size: 54mm. x 38mm x 7.7mm
- RR-interval Measurement: BG3 measures beat-by-beat intervals as time between consecutive R-peaks in ECG. Measurement resolution: 1ms.
- 256 Hz
- 18-bit per sample
- Motion noise suppression with HP 4.4Hz
→ optimal for wearable rhythm monitoring
Please note: purchasing the BG3 device only will provide you access to the raw data files. For stress and recovery analysis and HRV metrics, the Firstbeat Sports Premium/Premium+ subscription is required.